Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How am I here?


Sorry for disappearing for few days from you guys.
I didn't know that I need a cable to surf on the internet here...

It's the second night since I reached here.

On the day I arrived at the Manchester Airport, I couldn't find the staff from university who should be wearing bright orange jacket as they mentioned through the e-mail. However, I managed to meet another student who was finding the staff too with the help of a kind officer at the information desk.

He's a postgraduate from Indonesia. God knows how touched I was when I finally met someone from Asia...

After lingering around the airport and "enjoying" the cold wind outside the airport, we finally found the staff and we arrived at the hostel safely.

My room was completely bare. Empty wardrobe, empty shelves, empty cupboard ...

After unpacking my luggage, I walked to Tesco to get some bread and milk but I wanted to buy pillow and duvet actually...

So the stupid me walked back to my room and after full filling my stomach, I went out again, to get the most important things.

There's a shop called Asda here, which like Jusco in M'sia but it's smaller.
I got a pillow, a duvet, duvet cover, pillow cover, bed sheet, a kettle, cutlery set, hangers and shampoo and when I finally realised that I had to walk back to my room which is in a faraway land from Asda, I regret buying all those things immediately but I didn't have a choice but to walk my ass off to get back.
I never knew how strong my stamina is until yesterday...

Here's the result of my really hard work:


I have to say that I really really adore myself, hahaha.

I only had a chance to explore the campus today as I have to attend the welcome event.
It's a big campus with nice environment and friendly people. I like that so much.

After coming back from the campus, I went to Asda again to get a pail and washing powder.
I never thought that I have to wash my clothes on my own.... haih...

I had fried rice for dinner.
I'm trying my best not to be picky here but the fried rice really sucks.

Anyway, I managed to meet my "neighbours" on my floor today at the kitchen.
I haven't met any Malaysian so far, they're all foreigner...

So this is a update of my life here for those who concern.
Hope that it's not too bored for you guys.
I'll try to write about some interesting stuff when I get used to this country.

6 comments:

  1. it's good actually u can meet foreign friends~
    i think ur life there is so attractive...
    enjoy it XD

    sooyee

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, i'm getting used to it now, quite happy here =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel so nice & comfort to read your updated post.
    Makes me wanna fly there too!
    Hey, update more and more and more!
    But do take care of your studies too.
    Best regards from TEH ALEX!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yo teh alex! you should come here, it's a brilliant city !!! Thanks a lot, i will try my best to update every day =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. But it's too far for me, i'll get homesick every moment. =/
    Brilliant city? How come?
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. homesick...=.=+ you should be tougher ... XD
    it's so nice !! the city centre is beautiful, the air is fresh, the people are nice and the bus won't be late =P

    ReplyDelete